You know I don’t get why playwriting festivals ask for blind submissions when they don’t accept braille as a submission format.
Bad joke? Yes. Of course that doesn’t mean I don’t have a few thoughts about festivals and their submission requirements.
But before I get to those here is the list of the playwriting festivals and opportunities I have included in this week’s blog:
- Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum: Botanicum Seedlings – A Development Series for Playwrights
- Tree City Playhouse: 10-Minute Play Competition
- Sanguine Theatre Company: Project Playwright Festival
- id Theater: Seven Devils Playwrights Conference
- Ruby Slippers Theatre, the Vancouver Fringe Festival and Equity in Theatre present: Advance Theatre: New Works by Diverse Women
Further details and links to each festival can be found by scrolling down. In the meantime here are some of my thoughts about entry fees and having to submit never produced work.